Board Member Descriptions
The President shall be the principal executive and operating officer of the Corporation and shall, in general, supervise and control all the business and affairs of the Corporation. He / she will be responsible for meeting with the coaches and determine the needs of the team for the upcoming year and presenting this information to the Board for approval. The President will have the normal authority and power that a chief executive and operating officer has. He / she may sign, along with the Treasurer, or any other proper officer of the Corporation authorized by the Board of Directors, checks, any contracts, or other instruments which the Board of Directors has authorized to be executed. He / she may not sign any document where the signing and execution thereof is expressly delegated by the Board of Directors or by these Bylaws or by statute to some other officer or agent of the Corporation. In addition, he/ she may suspend the authority of any officer to act for the Corporation pending final approval by the Board; in such case, the President will call a special meeting of the Board, within 30 days to vote on the suspension. The President will be responsible for implementing all orders and resolutions of the Board. He / she will also perform any other duties prescribed by the Board of Directors from time to time.
In the absence of the President or in the event of his inability or refusal to act, the Vice President shall perform the duties of the President and, when so acting, shall have all the powers of and be subject to all the restrictions upon the President. In addition, he / she will serve as President-Elect with the intention of serving as President the following year. He / she will be responsible for overseeing the Varsity baseball team and communicating to the Board any needs or issues of such team. He / she shall also perform such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to him / her by the President or Board of Directors.
The Treasurer shall:
- have charge and custody of and be responsible for all funds and securities of the Corporation;
- receive and give receipts for monies due and payable to the Corporation from any source whatsoever and deposit all monies received in the name of the Corporation in those banks or other depositories as shall be selected by the Board of Directors in accordance with Article 6 of these Bylaws;
- shall write and sign all checks for the Corporation
- maintain all reporting necessary to provide compliance to the parent Booster club;
- shall prepare a list every month, and a summary list at the end of the year, of people who have contributed money and/or goods during the month or year, their addresses and a description of what was contributed; and
- in general, perform all the duties incident to the office of Treasurer and such other duties as may be assigned to him / her by the President or by the Board of Directors. If required by the Board of Directors, the Treasurer shall give a bond for the faithful discharge of his / her duties in such sum and with such surety or sureties as the Board of Directors determine.
The Secretary shall:
- keep the minutes of the proceedings of the meetings of the members and of the Board of Directors in one or more books provided for that purpose;
- give all notices in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws and as required by law;
- be custodian of the corporate records and of the seal of the Corporation and affix the seal of the Corporation to all documents, the execution of which on behalf of the Corporation under its seal is duly authorized in accordance with the provisions of these Bylaws;
- keep a register of the post office address of each member of the Board of Directors and officers which shall be furnished to the Secretary by each member;
- keep a register of the post office address of each member of the Baseball Booster Club which shall be furnished to the Secretary by each member;
- prepare and mail letters to all persons donating money and/or goods to the Corporation; and
- in general, perform all duties incident to the office of Secretary and any other duties as may from time to time be assigned to him / her by the President or by the Board of Directors.