Name of OrganizationThe name of the organization shall be the Vandegrift High School Baseball Booster Club (VHSBBC).
The following are basic policies of the Vandegrift High School Baseball Booster Club:
- The organization shall be noncommercial, nonsectarian and nonpartisan.
- The name of the organization or any names of any members in their official capacities shall not be used to endorse or promote a commercial concern or in connection with any partisan interest or for any purpose not appropriately related to promotion of the purposes of the organization.
- The organization shall not, directly or indirectly, participate or intervene (in any way, including publishing or distribution of statements) in political campaigns on behalf of, or in opposition to, any candidate for public office; or devote more than an insubstantial part of its activities to attempting to influence legislation or propaganda or otherwise.
- The organization shall not enter into membership with other organizations. The organization may cooperate with other organizations and agencies concerned with child welfare, but a representative shall make no commitments that bind the group he/she represents.
- No part of the net earnings of the organization shall insure the benefit of or be distributable to its members, directors, trustees, officers or other private persons except that the organization shall be authorized and empowered to pay reasonable compensation for services rendered and to make payments and distributions in furtherance of the purpose set forth in Article III hereof.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these articles, the organization shall not carry on any other activities not permitted to be carried on (i) by an organization to be exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or (ii) by an organization, contributions to which are deductible under Section 170(c)(2) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Upon the dissolution of the organization, after paying and adequately providing for the debts and obligations of the organization, the remaining assets shall be distributed to one or more nonprofit funds, foundations, or organizations which have established their tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- The VHSBBC shall operate in accordance with established rules and policies of Vandegrift High School (VHS), Leander Independent School District (LISD) and the University Interscholastic League (UIL).
Membership and VotingSection 1
Membership in the organization shall be open to all personas who desire to support Vandegrift High School baseball. Membership categories shall be as approved by the VHSBBC Executive Board. Voting privileges shall be limited to one per membership.Section 2
Membership of the VHSBBC shall be made available without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. No member shall have any right or interest in any property or assets of the VHSBBC. No member shall be personally liable for the debts, liabilities, or obligations of the VHSBBC.Section 3
The members shall have the right and responsibility to attend meetings and events sponsored by the organization, serve on committees, and be nominated and elected to office. Voting members shall have the right to vote for the officers, review and approve the annual budget, and approve amendments to these Bylaws.
The Officers shall consist of a President, (2) Vice Presidents, Treasurer and Secretary.
No officer shall receive compensation for any service he or she may render to the organization. Board members may be reimbursed for actual expenses incurred in the performance of their duties.
Members eligible for office shall consist of parents or guardians of students attending Vandegrift High School during the next school term. The VHS Baseball Head Coach, the VHS Athletic Director, and VHS Principal shall also serve as advisory, but non-voting, members of the Executive Board.Nominating Process:
- The communications chairperson or the Secretary shall send out a notice to all members at least one week prior to the election of officers for nominations of officers.
- Only those personas who have signified their consent to serve if elected shall be nominated for or elected to such office.
- A vacancy occurring in any elected office shall be filled for the unexpired term by a person elected by a majority vote of all officers.
- If case a vacancy occurs in the office of the President, the Vice President shall serve notice of the elections.
- By a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the Executive Board an officer or chairman may be removed from office for failure to perform duties, criminal misconduct or unethical behavior.
- An officer or chairman who missed three consecutive meetings may, after receipt of written notice, be removed from office.
Duties of the Officers shall include, but are not limited to, the following:President:
- Shall preside at all general meetings and all meetings of the Executive Board. • Shall call special meetings as may be deemed necessary.
- Shall preside over ceremonial events and provide general representation for the organization at all campus and district functions.
- Encourage membership and shall have custody of the VHSBBC Bylaws. • Shall Confirm that a quorum of two-thirds (2/3) of the Board is present before conducting any business at any meeting of the VHSBBC
- Shall prepare an agenda for each meeting
- Shall be authorized to sign on bank accounts (two authorized signatures shall be required on all checks).
- Shall assist the President and perform all duties of the President in that person’s absence. • Should take over the responsibilities of the President in the event that office is vacated. • One Vice President shall be authorized to sign on bank accounts.
- Shall receive all funds and disburse those funds as approved by the VHSBBC Executive Board.
- Shall keep an accurate account of all funds received and disbursed and submit a financial report at all scheduled meetings.
- Shall oversee the collection and deposition of all money by means of a receipt, keep complete ledger accounts of the finances, including data logging and properly classifying expenditures.
- Shall be responsible for disbursement of funds and be custodian of the books, vouchers and financial records of the organization.
- Shall work closely with all Committees to ensure that any donations, gifts of case, goods and/ or services for VHSBD will be properly accounted for.
- Shall be authorized to sign on bank accounts (two authorized signatures shall be required on all checks).
- Shall file all required local, state, and federal documentation on time and in full.
- Shall submit books to the auditor.
- Shall perform other duties as assigned by the President or the Executive Board.
- Record the minutes of all meetings of the VHSBBC and deliver said minutes to the membership online or at general meetings
- Shall keep a current copy of the Bylaws
- Shall keep the membership roster and full contact list
- Shall attend to any duty prescribed by the Board.
The Nominating Committee shall consist of the outgoing Executive Board and shall include the Head Baseball Coach. The Nominating Committee shall seek nominations from the membership at large and meet in MARCH of each year to evaluate the nominees and select a slate. The Chairman will present the slate of nominees for officers for the following year at the annual meeting held in APRIL of each year. Following the presentation of the report of the Nominating Committee, additional nominations may be made from the floor by any member. A nomination must receive a second in order for the person nominated to become a nominee. The nomination and election process may be performed during a regularly scheduled meeting or by email at the discretion of the President and agreed to by the Nominating Chairperson.Section 2
Following nominations, officers shall be elected by the membership at large for a one year term commencing at the end of the academic year or the end of the baseball season should the season extend beyond the academic year.Section 3
All officers shall be eligible for re-election to the same position not to exceed two consecutive terms.Section 4
Inability to perform or lack of attendance at three consecutive, regularly scheduled meetings may result in removal by a majority vote of the Executive Board.Section 5
Any vacancy in an office occurring during the term of office may be filled by appointment of the Executive Board.
Fiscal Year & MeetingsSection 1
The fiscal year of the organization shall begin July 1 and shall end on June 30 of the following year.Section 2
Membership Meetings of the VHSBBC shall occur a minimum of (3) three times per year or at such other times as may be established by the Executive Board. Special meetings shall be held at the call of the President or at the call of any two other members of the Executive Board.Section 3
A quorum of the general membership shall be a quorum of the VHSBBC Executive Board and at least (3) three members-at-large.Section 4
A reasonable effort shall be made to inform the general membership of the time and place of each meeting of the organization not less than (5) five days prior to the date of the meeting.Section 5
All questions of parliamentary procedure, not provided for in the foregoing Bylaws shall be decided by reference to Robert’s Rules of Order.
All Standing Committees shall be composed of a Chairperson and at least (1) one Officer. In addition, the Chairperson may also select additional Committee members from the general membership.
Income & ExpendituresSection 1
Membership dues shall be established annually by the VHSBBC Executive Board.Section 2
Fundraising activities shall be those as determined by the VHSBBC Executive Board, Head Baseball Coach and VHS Athletic Coordinator. All funds raised shall be solely to the benefit of the VHS Baseball Program.Section 3
The VHSBBC Executive Board shall present an annual budget to the membership at the first regular meeting of the fiscal year for approval. The VHSBBC Executive Board authorizes expenditures and cannot deviate from budget by more than 20%, except on operating expenditures, without prior approval of the Executive Board.Section 4
All funds donated by the VHSBBC to the VHS Baseball Program shall be contributed with established rules of the University Interscholastic League (UIL) and Leander Independent School District (LISD).
- Requests for funds shall bear the signature of the requesting coach, a VHS Athletic Director, or the VHS Principal.
- Upon receipt of a request for funds, the disbursement of funds may be authorized only by a majority vote of the Executive Board. Disbursement shall be made only by the Treasurer of the VHSBBC for the express purpose for which it was approved.
- In order to avoid violation of the Amateur Rule, money given to the VHS Baseball Program cannot be earmarked for any particular request. The VHSBBC may suggest or recommend how they would like the money to be spent, but the VHSBBC cannot require the LISD Superintendent or the VHS Baseball Program to spend the money in a certain way. The VHS Baseball Program may use any gift of cash at its discretion for the benefit of the program.
Proposed amendments to these Bylaws may be submitted by any members to the VHSBBC Executive Board. If approved by the VHSBBC Executive Board the proposal shall be submitted to the VHSBBC Membership.Section 2
Any proposed amendment submitted to the VHSBBC Executive Board shall be considered at the next regular meeting of the general membership. The amendment shall be adopted if it receives a majority vote of the membership in attendance at the meeting.
Every member of the Executive Board, officer or employee of the Corporation may be indemnified by the corporation against all expenses and liabilities, including counsel fees, reasonably incurred or imposed upon such member of the Board, officer, or employee in connection with any threatened, pending, or completed action, suit, or proceeding to which she/he may become involved by reason of her/his being or having been a member of the Board, officer, or employee of the corporation, or any settlement thereof, unless adjudged therein to be liable for negligence or misconduct in the performance of his/his duties. Provide, however, that in the event of a settlement the indemnification herein shall apply only when the Board approves such settlement and reimbursement as being the best interest of the corporation. The foregoing right of the indemnification shall be in addition and not exclusive of all other rights which such member of the Board, officer, or employee is entitled.