- Coordinate game announcing for all three teams for all home games and all tournament games played at Venom Field
- Coordinate running Game Changer for all three teams' games, as well as a manual score book for Varsity
- Coordinate running the scoreboard for all games played at Venom Field, including tournament games
Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the end of season banquet including player awards, coach gifts and volunteer recognition.
Plan and oversee community service activities for the players and program.
Concessions is responsible for coordinating all concessions activities for all teams including:
- Schedule volunteers
- Purchase and stock food, beverages and other items for stand and grill
- Set menu
- Line up parents from each team to open and close stand for home games, or assign others to open/close
- When opening, brief volunteers on their duties
- When closing, return cash box and key to treasurer or prepare cash box for the next game
Responsible for tracking Booster owned assets, maintenance for Booster assets and general awareness of condition of Baseball Program assets. Also responsible for working with the Head Coach on any field and equipment related issues, including upkeep, etc. This has included providing adequate supply of new baseballs during the school year.
Fundraising is responsible for coordinating all fundraising activities for the Booster Club. Home Run Derby
- Plan, organize and manage the Home Run Derby fundraiser. Work closely with Coach and Board to establish date, timing, activities, etc.
- Work with Publicity chair, Concessions Team and other committees to manage the event
- Plan and oversee all aspects of the Honey Ham sale fundraiser
- Coordinate schedule Pop Warner
- Create shift and ensure players and parents fill ALL volunteer shifts and complete all assigned tasks
- Coordinate schedule with VHS Football
- Create shifts and ensure players and parents fill ALL volunteer shifts and complete all assigned tasks
- Meet with coach to decide best 3 restaurants before the season begins
- Call the 3 restaurants and get pricing for game day meals
- Develop an order form to give to families for the first booster meeting after try-outs
- Plan which restaurants will serve for each game
- Place order for each team according to the schedule
- Line up 3 sets of parents (one from each team to deliver)
- For each game day meal bring enough waters on ice for all boys/coaches/trainers
Game day coordination of Varsity home games:
- first pitch
- game day themes
- national anthem singers
- raffles, prizes, etc
Chair is responsible for the production of Baseball Media Guide, which includes:
- Full Media Guide design including the following, plus: cover, rosters, schedules, seniors, admin, records and coaches
- Coordinating with Photography chair for individual and team pictures
- Coordinating with Sponsorship chair for sponsor ads
- Coordinating with Player Ads chair - from parent purchase to design and approval
- Media Guide printing and distribution
Membership is responsible for coordination of year round campaign for Booster memberships including maintaining database of active members with Booster Secretary.
Responsible for ensuring full season photography coverage of all teams. Supports program development as well as end of season banquet team videos.
- Schedule and oversee the individual/team/senior pictures
- Arrange for action and candid shots to be taken for all teams
- Provide photos for Media Guide: Formal poses, candids, baby pictures of Seniors
- Design, order and hang team banners
- Coordinate with Jim Parker to take photos at select games
- Put together end of season video for the banquet
- Coordinating Player Ads - from parent purchase to design and approval
- Media Guide printing and distribution
- Create event/fundraising flyers for submission to Peachjar
- Liaison with Four Points News and other media outlets to cover games and events
Coordinate the Homecoming Parade, Signing Day and maintain the trophy case. Homecoming Parade
- Plan and organize Homecoming float (in the past we had two boats for boys to sit in)
- Order baseballs for boys to throw during the parade
- Make bags of candy for boys to throw during the parade
- Order pizza and bring drinks for the boys to eat prior to the parade (lots of water)
- Order balloons for the table that match colors of the schools boys are signing to (usually 6 for each boy)
- Order breakfast tacos (2 dozen per boy who is signing
- Bring a couple dozen donuts and a cooler of water
- Create and post weekly social media content: game schedules, home games, Varsity games, sponsors, fundraising and any special events. Post at least 3 - 4x per week to keep community engagement
- Advertise fundraising events on social media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Oversee all aspects of spirit wear: purchasing, inventory management, and sales. If appropriate, design and order Playoff Shirts.
- Work with the Board to design sponsorship program and obtain LISD approvals
- Solicit sponsors and encourage members to obtain sponsors for the program
- Manage all communication with sponsors
- Oversee the implementation of the sponsorship program including: banners, social media ads, placement in the Media Guide, shout outs at games, etc.
Serve as a liaison to parents on the team for board and committee chairs. Keep parents informed about schedule changes, recruit parents to sign up for concessions and photography, deliver game day meals, help open and close concessions for home games.
The goal of the VHS Development Baseball Program (DBP) is to provide an opportunity for current and future students of Vandegrift High School to work out, practice and play together while building team chemistry outside the regular VHS baseball season. This chair will be responsible for establishing a committee that will ensure the program is consistent with the Head Coaches goals, screen and select volunteer coaches, and coordinate field/practice/scrimmage schedules.
Website - Experience with WordPress/PhotoShop/Cognito Forms and/or JotForm is required
- Website set up: add all 3 teams' game schedules, teams' names, varsity pictures, venue locations, team logos, booster club members' names, slider images, etc.
- Format and add all sponsor logos/links to the website
- Update the website weekly (games, events, final scores and pictures) or more often, if needed; schedule changes, etc.
- Answer all emails that come in through the website contact us page
- Update the team records at the end of the season
- Advertise fundraising events on the website