Responsible for coordination of game announcing for all three teams for all home games and all tournament games played at Venom Field. Responsible for coordination of running Game Changer for all three teams' games, as well as a manual score book for Varsity. This chair also coordinates running the scoreboard for all games played at Venom Field, including tournament games.
Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the end of season banquet.
Concessions is responsible for coordinating all concessions activities for all teams including:
- Scheduling volunteers
- Purchasing and stocking food, beverages and other items for stand and grill
- Menu Setting
- Opening and closing the stand for home games, or assign others to open/close
- When opening, brief volunteers on their duties
- When closing, return cash box and key to treasurer or prepare cash box for the next game
Responsible for tracking Booster owned assets, maintenance for Booster assets and general awareness of condition of Baseball Program assets. Also responsible for working with the Head Coach on any field and equipment related issues, including upkeep, etc. This has included providing adequate supply of new baseballs during the school year.
Fundraising is responsible for coordinating all fundraising activities for the Booster Club. He/she will inform the Board of all such activities and help recruit people from the Board and Club Support Group to help run these activities. (ex: Christmas Trees, Long Ball Contest, Home Run Derby, Trash Pick Up, Parking, etc.)
Coordinate schedule with VHS Football and Pop Warner. Create shifts for both activities and ensure players and parents fill ALL volunteer shifts.
- Meet with coach to decide best 3 restaurants (remember to include restaurants who sponsor the baseball program) before the season begins
- Call the 3 restaurants and get pricing for game day meals
- Develop an order form to give to families for the first booster meeting after try-outs
- Plan which restaurants will serve for each game (Note: Schlotsky's will deliver to other schools during tournament play)
- Place order for each team according to the schedule (coach can tell you when games are needed)
- Line up 3 sets of parents (one from each team to deliver)
- For each game day meal bring enough waters on ice for all boys
Hospitality is responsible for game day coordination of Varsity district home games; first pitch, any game day theme, any national anthem singer, game day raffles, prizes, etc. Hospitality also includes coordination of communication of Booster Communication to Four Points News.
Chair is responsible for production of Baseball Media Guide. This involves coordination with Photography Chair and Sponsor/Fundraising Chair.
Membership is responsible for coordination of year round campaign for Booster memberships including maintaining database of active members with Booster Secretary.
Responsible for ensuring full season photography coverage of all teams. Supports program development as well as end of season banquet team videos.
Homecoming Parade & Signing Day
- Order baseballs for boys to throw during the parade
- Make bags of candy for boys to throw during the parade
- Plan and organize Homecoming float (in the past we had two boats for boys to sit)
- Order pizza and bring drinks for the boys to eat prior to the parade
- Find out the color of the schools the boys are signing with
- Order balloons for the table that match (I usually did 6 for each boy)
- Order breakfast tacos (2 dozen per boy that is signing
- Bring a couple dozen donuts and a cooler of water
- Responsible for creating flyers for submission to Peachjar for fundraising and special events
- Responsible for creating and posting weekly social media content: game schedules, home games, Varsity games, sponsors, fundraising and any special events (homecoming, senior night, future Viper night, etc) as needed.
- Responsible for posting 3 - 6x per week to all social media channels to keep community engagement
- Responsible for responding to questions or comments that come in through various social media channels
- Responsible for managing Vandegrift's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages
He/She will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of spirit wear: purchasing, inventory management and sales.
In charge of sponsorship sales, KMAC, Field Banners, etc.
Responsible for helping Freshman parents navigate through their first year of VHS Baseball by answering their questions and helping keep them informed of all important information.
The goal of the VHS Development Baseball Program (DBP) is to provide an opportunity for current and future students of Vandegrift High School to work out, practice and play together while building team chemistry outside the regular VHS baseball season. This chair will be responsible for establishing a committee that will ensure the program is consistent with the Head Coaches goals, screen and select volunteer coaches, and coordinate field/practice/scrimmage schedules.
Website - Experience with WordPress/PhotoShop/JotForm is required
- Responsible for website set up: adding all 3 teams' game schedules, team's names, varsity pictures, venue locations, team logos, booster club members names, slider images, committee descriptions, etc.
- Responsible for formatting and adding all sponsor logos/links to the website
- Responsible for updating the website weekly (games, events, final scores and pictures) or more often, if needed; game changes due to weather, etc.
- Responsible for answering all email communication that comes through the website's contact us page
- Responsible for updating the team records at the end of the season
- Responsible for creating all forms needed for fundraising efforts, etc